We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
8402 Old Sauk Road
Madison, WI 53562
Phone: (608) 664-1414
Fax: (608) 664-1416
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: We are located just West of the Beltline exit to Old Sauk Road about 1.5 blocks, just west one store after the Walgreens on your right, at the intersection of Old Sauk Road and Junction Road.
• Project FeederWatch ends this month, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Early April migrants include the Eastern Phoebe, Eastern Towhee, Fox Sparrow, Snipe and Tree Swallow.
• Late April migrants include the Brown Thrasher, Pine Warbler, Palm Warbler, American Bittern, Chimney Swift, Chipping Sparrow, Barn Swallow and Caspian Tern.
• Great Horned Owls have their young.
• Hummingbirds and orioles arrive late April/early May. Be sure to have their feeders ready.
• The Common Loon finishes its northward migration by the end of April. Some late migrants arrive in May.
• Purple Martins (scouts) begin to arrive in mid-April.
• Purple Martins return by middle of the month. Be sure to have their houses ready.
• Cardinals begin nesting.
• White-throated Sparrows begin calling.
• Woodcocks continue their "sky dance" courtship flights.
• Bluebirds are nesting by end of the month. Be sure to have their houses ready.
• Lyrids meteor shower, late-April.
• Earth Day, April 22.