We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
8402 Old Sauk Road
Madison, WI 53562
Phone: (608) 664-1414
Fax: (608) 664-1416
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: We are located just West of the Beltline exit to Old Sauk Road about 1.5 blocks, just west one store after the Walgreens on your right, at the intersection of Old Sauk Road and Junction Road.
• Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Southwest winds bring migrating Turkey Vultures and hawks into the area.
• Common Loons begin to arrive in Northern Ontario in mid-March.
• Spring Peepers, Wood Frogs and Chorus Frogs begin calling late in the month.
• Sandhill Cranes can be seen migrating north.
• Killdeer and Great Blue Herons return from over-wintering in early March.
• Peak of spring waterfowl migration.
• Bald Eagles and Screech Owls are sitting on their eggs.
• Woodcocks are doing courtship flights in late March.
• Mourning Doves are nesting.
• Phoebe’s return late in the month.
• Goldfinches begin to molt into their brilliant yellow plumage.