We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
8402 Old Sauk Road
Madison, WI 53562
Phone: (608) 664-1414
Fax: (608) 664-1416
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: We are located just West of the Beltline exit to Old Sauk Road about 1.5 blocks, just west one store after the Walgreens on your right, at the intersection of Old Sauk Road and Junction Road.
• Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Christmas Bird Count is this month, birds.audubon.org/christmas-bird-count
• Sumac, Bittersweet, Poison Ivy and other berries remain throughout the winter, providing food for many species of birds.
• Winter raptors may show up, including Snowy Owls and Northern Goshawks.
• Chipmunks and raccoons hole up for the winter, but may reappear with mild winter weather.
• Red-breasted Nuthatches, Pine Siskins, Common Redpolls and crossbills visit feeders now through March.
• Eastern Monarch Butterflies finish reaching their central Mexican overwintering sites starting in late-December.
• Bald Eagles arrive from the North to overwinter.
• This is a great time to teach chickadees and titmice to feed from your hand.
• Watch for late waterfowl migrants such as Northern Shovelers, mergansers, Ruddy Ducks and Common Goldeneyes.
• Geminid Meteor Shower is mid-month.