We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
8402 Old Sauk Road
Madison, WI 53562
Phone: (608) 664-1414
Fax: (608) 664-1416
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: We are located just West of the Beltline exit to Old Sauk Road about 1.5 blocks, just west one store after the Walgreens on your right, at the intersection of Old Sauk Road and Junction Road.
• Project Feeder Watch starts and extends until April, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Common Loons and Tundra Swans begin to appear.
• Numbers swell for wintering owls such as Saw-whet, Long-eared and Short-eared Owls.
• Eastern Monarch Butterflies reach their central Mexican overwintering sites starting in November.
• Peak number of Sandhill Cranes at Michigan sanctuaries (Phyllis Haenhle and Baker) by the end of the month.
• Beavers are very active in the evenings while caching a winter supply of food.
• Waterfowl migration peaks this month.
• Open water is important if there's an early freeze. Put out heated bird baths for a winter water source.
• Bald Eagle migration peaks.
• Leonid meteor shower is mid-month.