We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
8402 Old Sauk Road
Madison, WI 53562
Phone: (608) 664-1414
Fax: (608) 664-1416
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: We are located just West of the Beltline exit to Old Sauk Road about 1.5 blocks, just west one store after the Walgreens on your right, at the intersection of Old Sauk Road and Junction Road.
• Migration numbers swell for Yellow-rumped Warblers, Brown Creepers, Winter Wrens and kinglets.
• Migrating Hermit, Swainson’s and Gray-cheeked Thrushes can be seen feeding on wild grapes, crab apples, and other fall fruits.
• Ruby-throated Hummingbirds have mostly left the area. You may still see an occasional straggler.
• First migrating owls, including the Saw-whet and Short-eared Owls, appear.
• Chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers and jays are caching seeds and nuts for the winter.
• This is the month to install and repair nest boxes for use next year.
• Pine Siskin return early this month and in late-September.
• Most Wood Ducks migrate south this month. A few stay over winter.
• Juncos and White-throated Sparrows become common at feeders.
• Raptor migration peaks.
• Orionids meteor shower is late-October.