We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
8402 Old Sauk Road
Madison, WI 53562
Phone: (608) 664-1414
Fax: (608) 664-1416
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: We are located just West of the Beltline exit to Old Sauk Road about 1.5 blocks, just west one store after the Walgreens on your right, at the intersection of Old Sauk Road and Junction Road.
• Do not take down your hummingbird feeder yet. Their migration is not correlated to feeders being available! In fact, feeders can help fuel migrants moving through.
• Migrating Brown Creepers, Ruby-crowned and Golden-crowned Kinglets appear near the end of the month.
• Eastern Monarch Butterflies continue their migration south from Ontario.
• Using their antlers, male Moose start to fight for females.
• Little and Big Brown Bat mating seasons complete
• Final egg laying for the Eastern Monarch Butterfly.
• Ruby-throated Hummingbirds migrate through Southern Ontario through September.
• Blackbird (grackles, cowbirds and redwings) flocks can number in the thousands.
• Most hummingbirds depart by the end of month.
• Robins are in large flocks, feeding on crab apples.
• Broad-winged Hawk migration peaks mid- to late-month.