We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
8402 Old Sauk Road
Madison, WI 53562
Phone: (608) 664-1414
Fax: (608) 664-1416
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: We are located just West of the Beltline exit to Old Sauk Road about 1.5 blocks, just west one store after the Walgreens on your right, at the intersection of Old Sauk Road and Junction Road.
• Early Aug: Annual Butterfly Count at Point Pelee National Park
• Wild Turkeys can be seen with their young.
• Purple Martins and other swallows begin congregating at staging grounds before heading south.
• Purple Martin southward migration is completed by end of month.
• Orioles are gone by the end of the month.
• Male Little and Big Brown Bats start to spend part of the night in winter hibernation sites in early August.
• Eastern Monarch Butterflies lay eggs.
• Ruby-throated Hummingbirds migrate through Southern Ontario through mid-August.
• Flocks of nighthawks can be seen late in the month.
• Shorebird migration builds and waterfowl migration starts.
• Early warblers (Cape May, Tennessee, Magnolia, Blackburnian) migrate through the area.
• Broad-winged Hawk migration starts.
• American Goldfinches finish nesting late this month.
• Hummingbird migration peaks late in the month.
• Perseids Meteor shower is mid-month.