We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
8402 Old Sauk Road
Madison, WI 53562
Phone: (608) 664-1414
Fax: (608) 664-1416
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: We are located just West of the Beltline exit to Old Sauk Road about 1.5 blocks, just west one store after the Walgreens on your right, at the intersection of Old Sauk Road and Junction Road.
• NABA National Butterfly count.
• Hummingbird Moths, often mistaken for “baby hummingbirds," show up at plants.
• Highbush Cranberry and Viburnum start producing fruit and will continue until December.
• First brood of immature hummingbirds begin to show up at nectar feeders early in the month.
• Cicadas start calling early in the month.
• Thistle plants begin to seed; goldfinches gather thistledown for nesting material.
• Mallards and Wood Ducks molt into "eclipse" plumage and are unable to fly for several weeks.
• Fall migration starts this month with returning shorebirds.
• Blackbirds begin to flock and appear at feeders.
• Listen for the feeding screeches of young Barred and Great Horned Owls.
• Look for hummingbirds feeding on Trumpet Creeper and Jewelweed flowers.
• Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.